Friday, November 19, 2010

Sleep is Bliss

The other night sleep was for sissies but last night I admit to love being a sissy. Following The Happiest Baby on the Block should be renamed The Best Sleeping Baby on the Block, Alexiss slept a staggering 9 hours last night! Yes, a straight 9 hours! To top off a great night of sleep she woke up not crying for food this morning and instead chose to stare at a wall for a bit.. that's my girl! Mom had taught me this skill well and I'm glad to see it running strong in the family. Nothing like waking to a blank wall for a spell to start a day out right!

We braved the Alberta winter and roads today to head into Strathmore for her 2 month check up. So I bundled her up in a fuzzy snow suit a few sizes too big for her, it looked so cozy though. I wonder why they don't make suits like that for adults, I don't care how many people would laugh at me, she looked so at home I was jealous. I'll have to remind myself next time to wear gloves, poor little thing had to deal with my cold hands as I undressed her and moved her to the scale. Let me tell you, she liked it not one bit! She's a staggering 10.95 pounds and is now 21.5 inches long. No wonder why she's not the tight little package she used to be!

Have you read Hop on Pop by Dr. Suess? Tonight was Muster on Mamma night. It started with the knitting, which Links takes as a hint to come and sit for a spell, add Alexiss and.. voila.. a great big cuddlefest! Multitasking at it's best. The movement as I knit actually lulls Alexiss! My left arm is getting mighty strong with all this jiggling and holding.



Another big day tomorrow. I'm so excited! Mark arranged for a neighbor to watch Alexiss while we go into town on a hot date! I think he just wants to get me out of the house and knows I won't do it without him egging me to do something. We chose to go and see the Einstein exhibit at the Telus World of Science. There's a Darwin exhibit too, but I can't see me tearing away from Einstein. I hope Alexiss and I can both behave ourselves and play nice with others. I don't know if Grace knows what she's in for tomorrow.

Well, this mamma is going while the getting is good, bed time for me! Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment