Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ribbit! Hopped off to Moms and Tots.



Last night Alexiss decided that 2:30 am would be a good time for a feed and to stay awake for a bit, she finally let me take a nap around 5:30ish and I was happy we woke up in time to zoom into town to check out our local Moms and Tots program at the church. There were about six moms who have obviously been going for awhile. I was a little shy but Alexiss wasn't! I fear she's going to be a little social butterfly, she loves being held by other people and was awake and checking things out the whole time... we'll until she got cranky and hungry an hour later.

She's really starting to come into her own interacting and choosing what she wants to do with her awake time. I read an article the other day about lacking sleep and keeping control by a fellow Raveller that really put my attitude in check and honestly, I'm getting back what I'm giving. I remind myself she's relying on me to help her do what she can't do for herself and she's not doing it deliberately or to turn my life upside down. After reading it, it occured to me that times when it's hardest to love someone is when they need your love the most.

She's into some of the 3-6 month clothes now and the length is fitting her just fine.



She's starting to hold her soother! When it falls out of her mouth she tries to put it back in, but she usually ends up sucking on the rim. Her soother isn't an all the time kind of thing and she doesn't rely on it horribly. I'm thankful for that. I never understood giving kids soothers until Alexiss.

Mark decided after feeding her to turn her blanket into a pirate hat. She's so in love with him! As soon as he comes home she's all smiles and she stares at him in awe as long as he'll let her... or until she gets hungry.

2 comments: