Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More or less, a good week.

It was a bad end to a week last week and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why.. turns out two weekends without having Mark spell me off in the morning was a little too much for me. One Saturday morning having Mark home allowing me to sleep in made all the difference in the world.

Hold on... gotta make a hot tea while Alexiss is napping... mmmm

Okay, so it's been a good week (lacking sleep and the attitude that results....me, not Alexiss) more or less.

More clapping, dancing and wandering the halls. Less bottles, dishes and time to update the blog. More "helping" with laundry, which really means more folding (over and over again) for Mark (and I).

I'm getting ready to return to work, and like most unknown upcoming events in life, I refuse to forecast and put expectations on how it's going to go. I had an interview last week for a new job posting at Raytheon and am waiting to hear back. Alexiss is adjusting amazingly well to the day home, it hasn't even phased her, if anything I think she's enjoying having other kids around to watch.

What is making me nervous is getting my arse to work after a rough night. I have a feeling the hot evenings and cool nights are what is waking Alexiss. When I put her down for the night, it's hot, so I don't put blankets on her. Then when the house cools (around 2:00ish) she gets cold and wakes. I keep thinking how wonderful it will be when she can grab her own blankets. Last night when I went to check on her she was sleeping with her bum up in the air! So cute, if it wasn't so dark and I didn't fear waking her, I would've snapped a picture to share.

Her first birthday is quickly sneaking up on us! We've decided to go typical Ryderson style and have a quiet birthday celebration with cake. There was one Star Fairy cake that is very fitting of Alexiss's full name, but, for some reason, the image wasn't exactly right. On her own, Alexiss has taken a liking to sunflowers, stopping (and sometimes kissing the page) when any sunflower image comes up in a book, soooo it's either sunflowers or a Blue's Clues theme since Blue has been a major part of our year. Then we'll have more cake and another small celebration with Oma and Opa when they come through on their way to Nanaimo.

Next week, we're all on our way to visit Great-Uncle Gerry and Great-Aunt Jacqueline in Vancouver, and hopefully get to visit Great-Aunt Patricia, Uncle Garnet and Aunt Shelley. I'm excited to share Kitsilano with Alexiss, it's a spot that holds many good memories and with that, much magic and happiness.

We've been getting outside more, here's Alexiss "playing" in the grass with Cindi (whom I lovingly refer to as The Second Momma)


No comments:

Post a Comment