Monday, August 15, 2011

Good!

A good weekend and a good start to the week.

The weekend was spent with good friends (where I learned a good lesson), I made some good food and a good cake (after I found a good online weight to measurement converter). Tonight ended with me resorting to swaddling Alexiss again in the hopes of a good night sleep for both of us.

Matt and Cindi came for a visit, Mark and Matt went golfing and enjoyed a night and Cindi and I stayed home and chatted while I made a few salads for the next day. I learned that I'm really trying to hard to tend to everyone else and not myself. So from now on, Alexiss can learn to eat and sleep a bit more independently without a super quiet background and Mark can learn to "Alexiss". I was maaaAAAd, trying to get it all done.

I made a Coca-Cola cake, I'd found the recipe online and couldn't wait to try it out. It was yummy and super moist, but there wasn't a huge Coca-Cola taste to it. Next time I may try cream-soda instead.

Coca-cola cake

250 gr (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
250 gr (2 cups)self-rise flour
300 (1 1/2 cups)gr sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoon cacao powder
200 ml coca-cola
75 ml milk
2 large eggs, at room temperature

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cacao and set aside.
In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar on medium speed until airy and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (scrape down the sides if necessary). Still on medium speed, add the cococa-cola and milk and mixing until well incorporated. Add the flour,baking soda and cacao. Make sure that all the ingredients are well incorporated but do not overbeat. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated, but do not overbeat. Spoon the batter into the single cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.

For topping
60gr (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoon coca-cola
3 tablespoon cacao powder
200 (7/8 cup !?) gr powdered sugar, sifted
In a medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients

Well, I'm getting while the getting is good, Alexiss is still sleeping and I'm on my way. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment