Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day number two - home care

To keep Alexiss in the habit, now that we've met and like Lee-Ann, she's gone over there again today for a few hours and next week we're going to try two half days (one of which will be an interview at work for a new job posting).

Yesterday went very well, she said Alexiss cried a little, but nothing inconsolable or nothing distraction couldn't solve. At one point she said her daughter was running around playing hide and seek with Alexiss, which produced laughs so big that Lee-Ann had to make sure she wasn't crying!

I'm really liking her, both days she's asked me about saying goodbye to Alexiss, making sure it's how I want it to be without making judgement when asking and seemingly happy, or proud even, of my reply. I don't want it to be a huge episode making Alexiss feel like it needs drama, nor do I want to slip away and not let her see me go. I think that's a very healthy way to go. I do give her a kiss goodbye and let her know I love her, but don't cling to her and let her know this is okay and no big whoop to get concerned about.

Today I don't have as much time, we were late getting over there because Alexiss woke up a bit late from her morning nap and then proceeded to eat lunch slow as well, I figure.. what's the rush, as long as she goes over for a few hours. Lee-Ann also has some running around to do this afternoon, so she asked me to come back around 3:15...again, no problem. I think the major thing is the drop off and being without me, I don't think Alexiss will really fair worse or better if it's 2 1/2 hours or 3.

I gots mah hot tea and I'm off to pick something to clean and something fun. I think I may write out those prayers I picked out for Alexiss before we visiting Ontario and put them up. I've got a neat new Wild Notes notebook, that with a special pen, shows up in different colors. It's kinda like how, as kids, we would color with all different crayons, then color over it with another crayon (usually black, blue or a dark color), then we'd draw with something a little sharp that would pick up the darker color and reveal the bottom color.

Oh.. and kill a few annoying flies.. grrrr

But first, let me see if I have some cuteness that is Alexiss to show ya... diapers hanging out and all!



Okay, fly swatter, special pen and tea at hand..off I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment