Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Feeding the body, mind and soul (with food, sleep and prayer)

The trend so far this week is for Alexiss to wake early with a soakin wet diaper. At least I know she's hydrated, heh. She wakes very groggy and still sleepy but stays awake for formula and brekkie then drifts back off for a few more hours. I'm glad she's getting her sleep...but the Momma isn't.

She's starting to make herself giggle, I LOVE it! She likes when I make faces, but giggles up to now have only been when I "pretend" to nom on her sides, when I poke her with a bottle saying "shake-a, shake-a, shake-a" and when gently scaring her by ignoring her then turning quickly and saying something loudly (like "bacon"). Her giggles are so sweet, I hope she starts giggling more with less work to make it happen.

I'm at a cross roads for food with her. I want to nourish her play-exploring with food as much as possible. She wants to feed herself but she's still in the mushy food stage, she's grabbed the spoon and helped me feed her from the beginning of eating solids. We did "play" with small well cooked carrots (to prevent choking), but she didn't get any in her mouth, she also plays and explores the textures of her mushy food. Sometimes just by dipping her fingers in the bowl and a few times grabbing what she could, mushing it through her fingers and smearing it all over her high chair tray. I also tried quick dissolving rice crackers and she had fun and enjoyed it, but I don't think she liked the taste much because she's not so interested in them anymore. All the other finger foods for babies at the grocery store are made for babies over the age of one. I was going to go to Moms and Tots today to ask other moms, but..... the babe-she sleeps, and I think that's more important. There's always next week.

I've been wanting to find some general morning and bedtime prayers, one's that will work no matter which spiritual path she finds as she grows and one's that remind us (her) to be aware of her spirit and the world and people around her. I guess it's as much for me as it is for her, I find stopping for a moment to recite powerful words keep me in touch with my spirit in a world that seems to give way for the daily rush and duties. So often we forget to nurture the pure love and light within us. It's calming, soothing and, yes, brings that little spark of joy and faith into what can become the mundane.

It could take a bit of searching, gathering and trial, and you may see many posted on the blog until I find the one's that are juuuust right. I promise to let you all know what we decide on (when we do) and if it feels right, join us in your own time and take comfort and connect more with Alexiss by sharing this special rite.

For consideration from the Pagan Prayer Project (may be modified when and if we decide to use them ):

_______________________________

General prayer

May the universe give me a heart of humility,
May I always stand up for that which cannot,
May I be thoughful to all that surrounds me,
May I love and appreciate what I have,
May I feel condfident in myself,
May I rejoice in being, me.
posted by resinartisan

_______________________________

Morning Prayer

“As the sun rises and greets my day, may it shine bright as I learn and play. May I be guided to do what’s right, May judgement never enter my day. May I enjoy being me a child of blessed heart and help light the way, So mote it be.”
posted by Magicksky

_______________________________

A Child’s Wishing Prayer

A special little magick wish
Is one I make tonight
I wish it to the sun, the moon
And stars shining so bright
I give my magick to the wind
And to the Earth below
So my wishes may be heard
To manifest and grow.

- Eleanor Townsend

_______________________________

Nighttime Prayer for Protecting Children

Sleep well, my blessed child
Snuggle up and close your eyes
Drift into dreamland, where you’ll play
While magickal friends keep you safe.

Fae dance gently around your bed
Sprinkling sweet dreams inside your head
While mighty Dragons guard your doorway
And keep unwelcome things away.

As you dream so sweet tonight
You’re protected by a rainbow light
The Goddess and God watch over you
Keeping you safe the whole night through.

- Eleanor Townsend

_______________________________

A favorite prayer of mine

the dominion of dreams : under a dark star - fiona macleod - 1895

Short version
D
eep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.

Long Version:
Deep peace I breathe into you, O weariness, here:
O ache, here!
Deep peace, a soft white dove to You;
Deep peace, a quiet rain to you;
Deep peace, an ebbing wave to you!
Deep peace, red wind of the east from you;
Deep peace, grey wind of the west to You;
Deep peace, dark wind of the north from you;
Deep peace, blue wind of the south to you!
Deep peace, pure red of the flame to you;
Deep peace, pure white of the moon to you;
Deep peace, pure green of the grass to you;
Deep peace, pure brown of the earth to you;
Deep peace, pure grey of the dew to you,
Deep peace, pure blue of the sky to you!
Deep peace of the running wave to you,
Deep peace of the flowing air to you,
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you,
Deep peace of the sleeping stones to you!
Deep peace of the Yellow Shepherd to you,
Deep peace of the Wandering Shepherdess to you,
Deep peace of the Flock of Stars to you,
Deep peace from the Son of Peace to you,
Deep peace from the heart of Mary to you,
And from Briget of the Mantle
Deep peace, deep peace!
And with the kindness too of the Haughty Father
Peace!
In the name of the Three who are One,
Peace!
And by the will of the King of the Elements,

_______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment