Saturday, January 8, 2011

Now I understand!


Now I understand:
  • why "In a minute" drove my mom mental
  • just how heartfelt Mom's "Thanks" were when when I helped at home
  • the reality of a "Mom's club". No one else can truly grasp mommy-hood and all that it entails better than other moms
  • taking time on your birthday to celebrate and use a birthday as a reason to take a break. We Moms deserve it tenfold!
  • banking all in one place
  • being flexible with time out and about. It's never certain how much time we've got before things get scary...we could get nothing done or a few extras
  • when used wisely TV is a good thing to help with downtime
  • why you do dishes ..... now not later
  • why you tidy up as you go
  • why money doesn't matter the most in life (well, I always knew this one, but this helps me appreciate it). Alexiss needs attention, protection and love more than the latest and greatest toys..plus where would we put it all!
  • even though it kills me to say it..... men and women are created differently
  • turning bathroom time into private time
  • turning bathroom time into family together time
  • 11:00 PM IS a good time for housework
  • everything is machine washable, and if it's not, it will be
  • Bailey's and coffee

Even with a storm brewing outside we're all cozy and ready for a relaxing weekend inside! Our mortgage renewed with a positive path presented to us to reign in finances so we'll be able to help Alexiss with school or some type of kick off to her career.


It's a wonderful birthday weekend, perogies are in the freezer, groceries are done, Alexiss is having a good day and the house is already tidy. Being a mom has changed things, absolutely. This year I'm finding my birthday isn't just a day, it's turned into me knowing I deserve a bit of a break. And although what hasn't changed is me not liking the hoop-la that goes with it, it is nice to have a day to play the "It's my birthday" card. hehehehe. Typically we just agree, "K, $50 for online buying, go buy yourself something". Mark surprised me with some gifts that were on my wishlist! This beautiful new wall mounted mask is going to go on the wall beside the sliding back doors.

Mark has a new favorite chocolate bar, sometimes Mark and I treat ourselves to a Lindt chocolate bar when we grocery shop. This week he made a point of heading to the chocolate bar section and I knew our sharing days of a chocolate bar are over. He's all territorial with his "Lindt Excellence Chili Bar" and wasn't interested in sharing at all!

We had a doctor's appt this week, Alexiss's 3 month check up. It went so well that the next one we need to go in for is at her six month mark. She is now 23 3/4 inches long and weighs 13.145 lbs. The doctor wasn't as interested as I'd hoped she'd be with my glucose tests and how things are connected, her answer was typical and expected... but I was only disappointed and my feeling of defeat only lasted a night. Now I'm going to try a different route and find an Endocrinologist who doesn't need a referral.

Okay! Picture time! The adorable pink knit hoodie and pants are from Uncle Gerry and Aunt Jacqueline and the John Deere Argyle long sleeve onsie is part of a outfit from none other than the Glanvilles (Lorne and Bonnie).








No comments:

Post a Comment