Thursday, August 1, 2013

The great family adventure

On Monday morning we packed up the car and headed for High Prairie to visit Mark's Uncle Ron and Aunt Gail who were hosting a house full of guests including Mark's Grandpa. Ali did amazing considering the drive started at 7:30 AM and lasted until just before dinner. I had a proud Momma moment when Ali refused to pee in a diaper even if it meant frequent pee stops. If only I could figure out why she won't pee in a diaper but will pee down her leg, in her pants, on the couch..etc.

Ali loved playing with Britney and was calling her "sister", even though they are second cousins. I made sure I had the video of them playing together from our trip to St Thomas last year and played it for her a few times before we got there. I didn't know what to do with myself! I turned around and Britney was leading Ali to the bathroom, Britney had even made sure the house was safe for Ali before we arrived and had a notepad and crayons waiting.

What a great bunch of people! Don and Marjorie with Courtney and Britney, Sharon and Matt, Grandpa and Kristy and her beau Max.

Happy to be!

Wearing Britney's hat!

Some good family time

Up close and personal with help from Courtney


After dinner, Mark, Ali and I arrived at our hotel around 9:00. Ali acted like she'd done it a million times. When I asked her which bed she wanted, she made a quick decision and crawled up for sleep. I thought it'd be nice for her to have her own pillow and blanket so we had packed them along with 5 choice stuffies. When I told her to hold on and I'd get her pillow she pointed to the pillow in bed and said "my pillow", when I asked if she wanted her blanket, she pulled up the sheet and crawled in. Even after showing her her home comforts, she was more than happy to snuggle in without them.

On Tuesday we headed back to Ron and Gail's for a yummy brunch before Ali and I traipsed off to the Rodeo with the gang. Ron, Mark and Grandpa stayed behind for a relaxing day at the cabin. Ali got her first taste of a real midway, thanks to Britney for joining us and having fun on the kiddie rides. Ali's first choice was a small fun house and I was totally freaked out because Britney wasn't allowed and Ali was already on her way. I voiced my concern to the man running it, saying I hope she didn't stop or get lost resulting in me having to go get her, when in reality I was just freaked out that she was out of sight. The man was super nice about it and kept pointing to her showing me where she was. Really it was only about 3 ft where I couldn't see her, it was a super short fun house.

Here we go!

Seat belts on!

What a sweet picture

Britney was too big to go on this one, thank goodness the seat belt was a little more than a strap! Whew...

Popcorn and a Sno Cone.


Ali sat and watched some of the Rodeo, but I think it was the popcorn and Sno cone that kept her still. When she was done with that, we had way too many trips up and down the grandstand to go "pee". We said our goodbyes and headed back to go pick Mark up before heading home. Ali almost fell asleep instantly, but again impressed me by "waking" when I told her if she waited til we got back and picked up Dad that she could have a chocolate milk bottle for the long ride.

It really was a great family adventure. I've got a great family!


No comments:

Post a Comment