Saturday, August 10, 2013

A great summer day

Today we took full advantage of the beautiful weather, visiting neighbors, eating beans out of the garden, wearing a dress and a skirt, bike riding, sending comfort food to a few neighbors in need of hugs, hanging out with Kee Kee and Bad Bad Leroy then to top it all off, we went to the clubhouse for dinner and 9 holes of golf! Our first golf outing with Ali! Ali was amazing and loved running around helping Dad with the flags and washing his golf balls. As usual, I took the sights in and enjoyed the cooling wind as I drove the golf cart.


That's right! I'm eatin beans out of the garden and wearing a pink frilly skirt under my sundress!
Love em!

Waiting for Dad at the golf course

Nice shot Dad! Whoo Hooo (and clapping) ensued


This morning I was woken up to Mark and Ali fighting. Weekends are nice because I get to sleep in, but being woken up to fighting isn't my idea of a nice wake up call. It's certainly not a hug and a kiss on the cheek! As a mom, I have a hard time not getting irritated when Ali fights with anyone but me because I seem to handle her moods so perfectly and never get mad back (yeah...right..). I know Mark is not me and doesn't handle everything as I would and, although irritating, I know it's none of my business and has nothing to do with me. Dad loves her just as much, Dad cares about her just as much and Dad wants to see the best for her just as much. He also wants her to become a responsible healthy woman just as much. I also realize Ali needs to learn that everyone has bad days and not everyone in the world treats her exactly like I do and who best to be that than her dear ole Dad? So, I've resolved that it's my issue to make peace with not Mark's or Ali's duty to change who they are. They will learn and they will grow and they will love each other regardless of the little fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment