Tuesday, December 20, 2011

And.. twirl!

As Mark puts Alexiss down for bed, I'm finally getting a chance to update the blog again. These past few months have left little time and I think Alexiss is actually giving me ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). I can't seem to concentrate and sit still for too long. I think part of that is because when I do seem to settle in, something happens to make me change focus all to often, so that the concept of sitting still for to long has become so foreign and fleeting that I don't trust my opportunities enough, and sit and wait for something to happen to tear me away... never really giving the real opportunities a chance to flourish due to anticipation of what may happen.

She's changing in so many ways, from temper tantrums to dancing to actually pooping on the potty! This weekend I thought I'd try the potty and what a success it was, I don't expect her to wander that way when she needs to, but she gives enough hints that there's enough time to get her there. It's gotta be so much easier than trying to stand and poop in a diaper!

Getting pictures and videos is becoming harder as well, since Alexiss is way to interested in technology to stand and smile, instead she wants to play and put the lens cap on, unless there's something else to keep her challenged, it doesn't take long for the camera to become much more interesting. We did manage to catch her dancing this weekend, she has a few books that play music when you press a button, she got so good that she knew when the song would stop and stopped twirling enough to press another button. Dancing has been keeping her more busy than her toys, and pulling the chain to turn the night light on and off... and doing up her seat belt.. and pressing buttons on just about anything... and turning the dial on the humidifier.

Alexiss loves the outdoors so much so that, since picking up a few words and forgetting them at around 8 months, that she now says her version of "outside" as she brings us her shoes, our shoes, jackets and points to the door. Last night we went out, I couldn't resist her, and she was content to stay in my embrace and look at all the Christmas lights in the night.

Well! Mark is back out, tonight's bedtime was a bigger success than the two hours it took me last night. I guess I can do some dishes and call it a night. Maybe I'll get some time to read! Still no time to knit yet though. lol.

Today on my way home, I heard this Christmas song, and thought Alexiss would love it. I was right, she twirled and twirled!



Beautiful Star of Bethlehem
The Judds

O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shining far through shadows dim
Giving the light for those who long have gone
Guiding the wise men on their way
Unto the place where Jesus lay
O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shine on

O beautiful star the hope of life
Guiding the pilgrims through the night
Over the mountains 'til the break of dawn
Into the land of perfect day
It will give out a lovely ray
O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shine on

O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shine upon us until the glory dawns
Give us a lamp to light the way
Unto the land of perfect day
O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shine on

O beautiful star the hope of grace
For the redeemed, the good and the blessed
Yonder in glory when the crown is won
Jesus is now the star divine
Brighter and brighter He will shine
O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shine on

O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shine upon us until the glory dawns
Give us a lamp to light the way
Unto the land of perfect day
O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shine on

O beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shine on

No comments:

Post a Comment