Monday, April 8, 2013

Think you got it all figured out? Surprise!!!

Other parents always warned me, just when you think you have a handle on things and habits... they change. I appreciate the warning but maybe they should've been a little more selfish about telling me the ripple effect. I didn't realize I was such a creature of habit until Alexiss came along. This week we're on again/off again napping and it's making me absolutely crazy! Mind you, the no nap time usually means poop time.. and sometimes that's more of a break... she takes a long time and is content hanging out in the bathroom with books or the iPad. Today after making peace with the fact that a nap wasn't going to happen...I'm content trying to catch up on dishes. I really need to learn to just go with the flow... being a parent would be so much easier. I do try to remember and respect that she's an individual with thoughts, wants and desires instead of a "mini-me" happy to tag along and do what I want her to.

This past week I was talking to another Mom about "when our kids grow up", it started with her saying that her daughter is creative but also very smart. Being creative and artsy doesn't really cover the bills like, say, being a Dr. I just hope when our time comes, I have the love and strength to let Ali be her and be who she wants be.. and just be happy for her. She does love to create, she loves music, she's smart and mechanically inclined, she's active and has been kicking a soccer ball since before she could walk.



On a good focused day, Alexiss surprised me with a well thought out intended drawing (above) of her going for a walk. I was mesmerized at how good it was. See.. when she takes a nap and eats well, she can do anything.. now that brings me back to nap time or lack thereof... *sigh*

We went into the community hall for the town's Easter do. Alexiss may have gotten the concept of finding eggs and candy, but was distracted by the play ground equipment. We were the last ones to leave! During the breakfast, sermon and kid's group I was overwhelmed at how well behaved Ali is. Then we regrouped and off she went exploring with Dad, it was too sweet not to get a video of.




Here's a common sight, bunny ears (pig-tails) in disarray, no pants and stuff strewn around her. She was having fun unpacking an Easter parcel from Oma...and dontcha know, she had to try on all the clothes... at once!




No comments:

Post a Comment