Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Ryder Beyond Basics Potty Training Technique

Two things occured to me today:

  1. I'm turning into a passive aggressive potty training Momma. Not a technique you'll likely see online but one that seems to suit our situation. You see, we've followed most of the online tips to a tee (a treat, watching Momma, leaving pants off for a few days, drinking extra) and she's great at running to the toilet when it's her and I and not much is going on, but sometimes she's... well... lazy. I don't want to reprimand her and have her regress into wanting a diaper all the time, so I let her go diaper-less (that part she loves) until she gets lazy and piddles on the floor, chair, couch. heating vent (yes, it's really happened)..etc. She's usually really good until she's too much into playing or it's Daddy time, those are the times she's more apt to ignore the signs and go-go-go until she goes right where she is. My answer, I let her remain without a diaper until the point in the day when she piddles on my floor, then it's diaper time for the remaining part of the day. 
  2. I don't like pictures of Ali sleeping, honestly, they kinda creep me out. 

A Facebook friend shared blog today, I was totally into it. It shows that all kids cry and even makes it somewhat less stressful, specially for me, the sound of Ali crying irritates me and I just want it to stop, but all kids cry, it's part of coping and learning and developing. I'm thinking it's one smart coping mechanism for a parent! It's called Reasons My Son Is Crying. Good stuff people, right there! Really, click the link! 

No comments:

Post a Comment