Thursday, March 28, 2013

Puddle Season is definitley NOT Potty Season!

One word of potty training advice I've NEVER seen mentioned.. ANYWHERE! 

If it's puddle-season... maybe it's best to wait a bit. Wet cold pants from puddles just make warm wet pants inside seem less of a show stopper and less of a motivational tool. Do they really stop to think of the source? if it's just cold puddle water or pee? I think not. 

I'm serious, the impact just doesn't have the same weight. We had a few great days last week and then as the warm weather and puddles appeared... so did the puddles on my carpet, the tile floor, the chairs. And I witnessed for myself that those indoor puddles are not made of the same stuff as the outdoor puddles, it is NOT sloshy boots being upturned to dry out.









So potty training is again on hold temporarily. Oh, she still has fun peeing on the toilet during each diaper change, I'm just not brave enough to give her time between diapers without the looming thought and anxiety about those indoor puddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment