Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fail or Win?

Some days I just don't know.

Today was strangely temper tantrum after temper tantrum, no nap, thrown bottles, kicking Momma, throwing Minnie... poor Minnie ended up in the garbage (but don't tell Ali, I fished her back out again), a sippy cup thrown and exploding on the floor and rug...

I guess I should change my thinking and consider it a win, since it lead to a few focused chats after crying through time outs. It's a new concept for Ali, I've not really had to resort to it before. During our chats she told me for the first time she loves me "so much". It was really cute, and worked... the first time.

Thank God for fellow Moms who get it and go through the same days and are brave enough to be honest. It's all a part of it, just not the part that you think of when you romanticize rearing children, or the part commonly talked about aloud in public, which is really too bad. I don't think it makes a bad parent or bad child at all and I think there's such a stigma placed on discipline and challenges that it's tough to get through and not want to hide it. Well, I'm not hiding it!

Today was a polar opposite from yesterday's excursion to the opened Clubhouse where we happily shared (well, I got the soggy english muffin) a coffee/juice and egg sandwich for breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment