Monday, December 6, 2010

Morning smiles!

I don't have long to write, Miss Alexiss has been enjoying my company so much that she demands it during daylight hours, even while napping. It's comforting feeling her body heat and gazing down at her as she sleeps but I keep threatening to call the labor board on her for only giving me short breaks through the day.

She'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and she's really grown up.. and out. She's learning to communicate for food by smacking her lips instead of crying, unless of course she sleeps a bit too long and is way to hungry to consider coordinating her tongue to do the right thing. A few people have mentioned the new trend to use sign language with babies before they can speak. Giving babies a way to communicate before they can talk! I can see frustration in Alexiss when she tries to communicate and I'm just not getting it, eventually I do what she's asking for.

I've also caught her zoning out a few times on her playmat, in the past she's cried at being overstimulated but continues to play because she can't switch her mode. She still can't fall asleep on her own, but we'll get there. Like the smacking when she's hungry, she can't do it all the time. When she's at the height of a mood it's more difficult.

She's trying to laugh too! It comes out more like she's clearing her throat, but the smile on her face tells me it's a laugh, I can't wait to hear her giggle!

Okay, she's making some noise asking for company, better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment