Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lots to say and no time to post!

Alexiss has been keeping me busier than usual, she's happier when I play play play all day day day. I keep wondering if she'll get to read all this one day and if she'll take it over and keep it going.

So much to say! I'll let the pictures tell...




Yep! Rice cereal went very well, Alexiss even helped! She's been watching us and learning exactly what to do. She also tried carrots this week, I say tried, I'm not so sure she liked them. I tried straight plain mashed carrots and after the few bites she took she looked at me each and every time as if saying "Are you serious! What is this strong overpowering stuff!" So, I mixed it with rice cereal to mellow the taste a bit for her. Tomorrow is sweet potato then I'll treat her to a fruit.



Oh yes! We have a new hat and fingerless mitts knitted by The Momma! It's one of the things I can do while sitting on the floor with her holding her steady. Now Momma's just aren't for pillows anymore! They're prop tools too!

I'm bored of her toys and she's starting to bang and rattle her toys instead of everything being a chew toy.....soooo, I took a trip into Toys R Us today and bought some fun smash em, roll em, bang em toys... a foam mat to sit on instead of just the rug and some sippy cups to try out, and two sleepers.....and two outfits....and a diaper pail. Are you rolling your eyes yet? Too much stuff, but stuff we needed. The lady rang everything up and as I opened my purse to get my wallet I realized, with dread, that it was at home on the island. Back home we come and I'm upset to say we are toyless! I made the trip into town again after Mark got home from work, Toys R Us were nice enough to hold everything for me so I didn't have to pick everything out again AND I got to get some groceries too.

Our flight home is booked! We're flying into London on June 12th and visiting Mark's family and friends before heading into Niagara for a bit, then Mark flies back home alone and Alexiss and I will stick around a bit longer...just incase Gramma isn't tired of us. Oma, Opa, Gramma and Pops, we'll be giving you a hollar soon to let you know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment