Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ali K play!

To break the winter blahs, today I made a corporate family decision to try out an indoor play park. It was AMAZING! I'd seen pictures and heard of TommyKplay from a few local moms and I was not disappointed. This is our first time to one of these types of places but from what I hear, this is one of the best for set up and monitoring stations/video feed.

They have a locked gate at the entrance and parent/s and child get a band with a number. Whenever a child leaves, they check all wrist bands to make sure you belong together. They do recommend supervision of your kids and I usually knew where she was in the play structure. There's a small canteena with kid friendly food (healthy and not so healthy) and tables with one row of comfy chairs.

I thought Mark and I would get to play a game and I brought my knitting, we didn't touch either one. Mark did get to catch up on reading though.

I did hover for the first 5 minutes while Alexiss got used to the place. Unfortunately it was a bit too crazy with kids for her to really meet up and make a friend with anyone. Despite not meeting and greeting, she still managed to play for 3 hours! This Mom mustered the courage for a short lived crawl around and a few zips down a super fast slide, Dad tried once as well! It was a little too congested to really spend lots of time in the play zone and us old folks slowed her down. Yes, I got pushed and trampled by a group of boys.

Alexiss was so good, helping smaller kids and waiting her turn amid it all. There were a few kids pushing and not waiting but it was out of pure excitement, Ali didn't boss, get angry or push back, she stood aside and patiently waited. When she was overwhelmed she'd come back for a little quiet time on the iPad. Little miss smarty pants has even packed a headset!

I can't wait to go back during the week when it's not as busy and we can bring her buddy Jack so she'll have someone to share every step and slide with.

I'm not sure if Ali's smile was bigger or mine

In three hours Alexiss took about three breaks. I had brought the iPad for Mark but Alexiss ended up using it for some quiet time. It was LOUD!



No comments:

Post a Comment