Thursday, September 26, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday!

Sorry to keep you all waiting to hear about Ali's birthday. It was two days of cooking for an hour an a half of party. heh. It was a good day. Today is the first day I've felt like we've not had to run around to get something done, today.. is a good day. :D

Right off the start we were celebrating Ali's special day. I had the camera ready to go and Mark had rigged up Ali's bedroom door with balloons.



Uncle Ron and Aunt Gail had given Ali her birthday present early. The card had a picture of a cake in the shape of a three with flowers on it. I was determined, if nothing else, Ali would get her cake! I found hard icing flowers that looked the same as on the card on ebay, and Pinterest had a link to instructions to build a number three using round cake pans. It's been a looooong time since I've baked a cake, so Saturday morning after I followed the pictures on the box to add the ingredients and I poured the batter into one round cake pan. Can anyone guess what happened? Anyone? Well, if I had kept going with the directions I would've seen I should've used TWO round cake pans. Whatta mess! I was still determined, so into town I went to get some oven cleaner and another box of cake mix. Voila! Special thanks to Mark for cleaning the oven as I got Ali down for a nap.

I think I did pretty well, all things considered!

A few days prior, we received a parcel from Gramma and Pops, a parcel full to the brim and super heavy. Ali and I Skyped with Gramma and took what felt like the entire afternoon to upack all the goodies. It was a treasure chest that included a tailored princess dress with a wand and tiara to go with it, a tutu and tons of toys and fun goodies and more more more!



After a visit with Courtney and Leroy and before the guests arrived we had a short condensed cupcake celebration with Oma and Opa.



Then it was time to celebrate with friends! Madison and Lily, and Ashley and Lauren. Uncle Matt and Cindi came for the night too!









It was so fun celebrating Ali's birthday with her. It's a gift to share growing up with her and with all of you too. Ali has grown into a caring, curious lively little girl. She's the first to offer comfort when anyone close cries or hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment