Friday, October 3, 2014

Earrings for Ali and rings for Mom and Dad

Today Ali and I both grew. Sometimes, there's something a little different about Ali. Like a switch. I can't put my finger on it, but she was acting... more mature somehow.

Me: I think you grew up a bit today, Ali.
Ali stands on toes and reaches up then looks down: Yep, but my feet are still small.

It's been a whirlwind, over committed, over busy, over heated.... you name it and I'm all over it.

Ali wanted nothing more than earrings for her 4th birthday and this Momma agreed after the fourth or fifth day of being asked. Ali was a trooper in the store getting it done, but the ride home from Calgary was a long and arduous crying event which abruptly stopped when we hit the Speargrass gates. I guess home really does have healing qualities!



I've had a tough week with emotions, stress. I volunteer on a board that Ali is involved in and this week has been about me admitting my mistakes and acknowledging my inexperience in some things as well as not taking hits and harsh judgement where not warranted. The board have all agreed to resign and make way for new members that may be better suited to do what's expected. It's a tall order and I really do hope it's successful but if it does not at least we tried in a way we can..by stepping aside and trying to repair damaged relationships. What really matters in the end is being ethical and respectful to others and valuing those we love.

We had an amazing fun wedding, we have amazing family, we have amazing friends. Those that couldn't attend were close in our hearts and minds. There were a few snags and headaches but I think we did alright by guests, although I felt like I didn't do enough as a host. The marriage was a celebration and quirky, just like us. At the end of it, we had what we needed... each other, a pastor (who was AWESOME), some rings, close friends to witness, friends and family to support us AND last but never least our daughter to share our day. Although my Pops couldn't be present, having my brother do the honors was magically in it's own way and I think everything....is..exactly...as...it...should...be.

Of course, Ali now thinks she's also married to Jack. heheheh. Oh, that's some good fun for us parents for stories later! Pics to follow. I think I did gosh darn good getting to the blog and updating it. I think I can safely forecast I am no longer stretched and committed beyond my capacity and can come and visit more often. I love it here in blog land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment